We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you access the Sites and Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
# Information Collection
# Information You Provide to Us
In the course of using our Sites, you may provide us with certain information about you, such as when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Sites, fill out a form, subscribe to an email list or newsletter, request customer support, request a whitepaper, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include, but are not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address, and home and business postal addresses. We may also collect information you supply to us concerning your preferences and interests expressed in the course of use of our Sites and Services.
# Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Sites and Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Sites and Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, browser type, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
# Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Sites and Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to data enrichment service providers and publicly available sources.
# Use of Information
Information we collect about you is used to provide, maintain, and improve our Sites and Services, such as to administer your use of our Sites and Services and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate the Sites.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by us and others, and provide newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Kong Inc. and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
# Information Sharing
We share information about you as follows or as otherwise describes in this Policy:
- With vendors, service providers, business partners, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf including, among other things, to facilitate operation, access and use of our Sites and Services, provide the Sites and Services on our behalf, perform Site-related services (including, but not limited to, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, and improvement of the Sites’ features) or assist us in analyzing how our Sites and Services are used.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Kong Inc. or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Kong Inc. and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms. We also disclose aggregated information about the use of our Sites and Services to business partners, prospective investors, and others in order to demonstrate usage of the Sites and Services, spot industry trends, generate publicity for the Services and for other business purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts cannot be traced back to you personally.
# Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
We may provide social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa) on our Sites or links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Kong Inc. Often, such links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Sites or Services. Your use of such features may enable the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties offering any social sharing features on our Sites or operating any websites linked from our Sites that are owned or controlled by a party other than Kong Inc. Your use of any social sharing features available on our Sites and browsing and interactions on websites operated by third parties, including those which have a link on our Sites or Services, are subject to separate rules and policies. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy practices, rules and policies of all third parties offering such social sharing features and all websites to which you navigate from the Sites or Services.
# Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
# Data Retention
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
# Users Around the Globe
Kong Inc. is based in the United States of America and also processes and stores information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
# Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
# Legal Basis for Processing
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you such as to process payments for and provide the Services you have requested.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Sites and Services.
# Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
# Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
# Your Choices
# Account Information
You may review, update, correct or delete the information provided in your registration or that you otherwise provided to us contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time
# Promotional Communications
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions at the bottom of those emails or by contacting us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
# Any Questions?
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or mail us at:
251 Post St, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108